Apostolic Truth Message Board

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nakedness is shame
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:18 am 

We are living in a time when people are exposing more and more of their flesh. Exposing flesh is become normal in American society. The Scriptures teach us that exposing our nakedness is shameful, but this country has been indoctrinating the minds of many Americans through the media to believe that nakedness is a beautiful thing. This is not God’s way! When Adam and his wife were ashamed of their nakedness they tried to cover it up their own way, with aprons made of fig leaves. Their aprons was not good enough for God! God had to make them coats of skin.

The aprons did not cover their nakedness up like the coats that God made them. Physical nakedness reflects spiritual nakedness. People in America are not ashamed of showing off their naked flesh, and it is a revelation that their are not ashamed of their sins. The sad thing is that the media has brought the fashion of this world right into the Churches. To spiritual minded people covering up their naked flesh is a beautiful thing. God had to give Adam and Eve something better to cover up their naked flesh. If God gave you coats of skin, would you say “Fig leave aprons are good enough”? The people of God should never allow the media & internet teach to teach us the fashion of this world over biblical modest apparel.

Post subject: Re: Nakedness is shame
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 5:12 pm 

One more post before I leave. Let's remember before we get discouraged it is getting dark. However....It is His people that must humble themselves and pray and turn from their wicked ways. The world is blind and lost and we must shine the light of God's love and compassion through our love for one another so that they will see God's Kindness and He might grant them repentance. Yes nakedness is shame and everything you said is true but one last verse from God's word ...message to the angel of the church in Laodicea
Rev 3:17-18
Quote:
Because you say, I am rich and have become wealthy,and have need of nothing and you do not know that you are wretched and poor and blind and naked I advise you to buy from me gold refined by fire that you may become rich and white garments so that you may clothe yourself....
May we your people Lord lay down any pride or religious spirits that keep us from our constant need of your refining Holy Spirit. Bless us with an ongoing spirit of humility that keeps us on our knees before Your all consuming Holy presence.
Yes let's change this world. But let's follow God's plan. God so loved the World that He gave. God hates sin but He loves those trapped in it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:14 pm 

I agree with your post, but I would like to add to it. You made a comment about "religious spirits" in your written prayer. I hear and read it often that "Religion is man-made" and that "God does not want us to be religious but to have a relationship." I used to think like that until I read the letter of our apostle James. James did not preach against religion like many people do today, he preached against "vain" religion.

Quote:
(James 1:26) If any man among you SEEM TO BE RELIGIOUS, and BRIDLETH NOT HIS TONGUE, but DECEIVETH HIS OWN HEART, this man's religion is vain.

"Religion" is not vain. It is when a hypocrisy is involved that an individual's religion becomes vain, or in other words it does that man no good to seem religious because his works proves he is really not religious at all. James preached "pure religion."

Quote:
(James 1:27) PURE RELIGION and UNDEFILED BEFORE GOD and the Father is this, to visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

If you visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and keep yourself unspotted from the world without hypocrisy you have PURE RELIGION and are UNDEFILED BEFORE GOD. Pure religion is of God, but vain religion is no good. Having said that, do you believe God is against religion?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:28 am 

Probably not a good way to post my first article..but if you do a study in Genesis when God made both Adam and Eve "clothing" He used the same garment and made no distinction in the dress...just something to think about.

Gen 3:21-Unto Adam also and to his wife did the LORD God make coats of skins, and clothed them.

H3801
כּתּנת כּתנת
kethôneth kûttôneth
keth-o'-neth, koot-to'-neth
From an unused root meaning to cover (compare H3802); a shirt: - coat, garment, robe.

Its in your Bible,what do you do with it?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:15 pm 
Site Admin

I don't see any thing in Genesis 3:21 that shows if there was a distinction in the clothing or not.

However, nature and the rest of Scripture teaches that men and women are different and that should also show in the way we dress.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:36 pm 

bdeason wrote:
I don't see any thing in Genesis 3:21 that shows if there was a distinction in the clothing or not.

However, nature and the rest of Scripture teaches that men and women are different and that should also show in the way we dress.

O?..Gen 3:21 there is no distinction...that was the point....nature and rest of scriptue?..there are only a few and neither specifically says thou shall not...we are told the wear modest clothing,the Bible does not decide this and gives us detail and what is modest and what is not,I do believe the Holy Ghost plays a part in the individual lives.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:38 pm 
Site Admin

You still have not shown any scriptures that proves your men can dress like women and women can dress like men doctrine is the truth.

This is an Apostolic Truth website. If you can not show Scripture proof, you may be a better fit at a different website.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:48 pm 
Site Admin

BTW, I deleted the link to your website in your profile. All links to other websites must be approved before you post them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:37 am 

bdeason wrote:
BTW, I deleted the link to your website in your profile. All links to other websites must be approved before you post them.

Well its not like you have a lot of traffic here anyway :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:40 am 

bdeason wrote:
You still have not shown any scriptures that proves your men can dress like women and women can dress like men doctrine is the truth.

This is an Apostolic Truth website. If you can not show Scripture proof, you may be a better fit at a different website.

Deut 22:5 does not mean for women to not wear pants..Why do you isolate one verse out of the entire book of Deut?

My point was..God did not place a distinction in the clothing He made for Adam and Eve..you keep side stepping this point.

I believe both sex should wear modest clothing.But is is man who has decided what is and what aint..not God..God made the same garment fro both adam and eve..would love to see some preach on that :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:33 pm 
Site Admin

Steve_Mullican wrote:
Well its not like you have a lot of traffic here anyway :)

Should a preacher visiting a small church be allowed to preach any doctrine that he wants because the attendance is low?

Should a person visiting a small discussion board be allowed to post links to websites that teach any doctrine that the visitor wants because the board does not get a lot of traffic?

I say no to both.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:38 pm 
Site Admin

Steve_Mullican wrote:
..God made the same garment fro both adam and eve..

I am still waiting to see a Scripture that says that the two garments were exactly the same.

Profile E-mail