Apostolic Truth Message Board

It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Facts about Water Baptism
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 7:57 am 

This is a brief list of facts concerning water baptism according to the Scriptures. We are living in times where the true power of water baptism is being degraded. According to the Scripture, it is possible for someone to receive the Spirit of God before water baptism, but we also know by the Scripture that it is impossible for someone to receive the Spirit of God before repentance because only God gives the Holy Ghost to those that obey Him. Many today unskillfully use the example of Cornelius and his household receiving the Holy Ghost before baptism to deny the saving power of water baptism ignoring the fact that our apostle said, "Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?" This is the question that needs to be asked to those that use that argument. The next thing our apostle did after he asked that question was he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. If baptism is not important, why did Peter command for Cornelius and his household to be baptized? The reason why is because below is a list of fact what takes place when a person is baptized. It is not enough to repent and be filled with the Holy Ghost speaking in tongues, everyone must be baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus for the remission of sins.

(Acts 2:38) Baptism is for remission of sins.
(Acts 22:16) Baptism washes away our sins.
(Colossians 2:11-12) Baptism is New Covenant circumcision (token/sign of the covenant).
(Galatians 3:27) Baptism is where we put on Christ.
(Romans 6:4) Baptism is where we are buried with Christ.
(1 Peter 3:20-21) Baptism doth also now saves us.
(Acts 10:47-48) Baptism is not an option, its a commandment
(Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38) Baptism is in "the name" of our Lord Jesus
(Titus 3:5) Baptism is the washing of regeneration & renewing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 1:31 am 
Site Admin

The words you have typed in your post are the truth. Only a foolish or deceived man or woman can deny it.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:09 am 

bdeason wrote:
The words you have typed in your post are the truth. Only a foolish or deceived man or woman can deny it.

We are living in times where many among us are falling away from the truth of the Scripture concerning water baptism all because they never had root in themselves about baptism. Since my conversion many winds of doctrine has blown I am still in my place. I thank the Most High God for making me stand by His grace. I will not compromise to please the multitudes of people that refuse to tell the truth about baptism, I rather agree with the Scriptures so that the same bible I carry will not condemn me like it condemns the children of apostasy.